Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of articles cannot be found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of articles cannot be found

Hi!

Since like 5 or 6 days I've experienced a lot of "missing articles" messages in my nzbget log, which I didn't have seen at all previously. I did some non fancy checks on my side, like re-downloading some articles I've downloaded some time ago - which finished fine - but cannot be found in the last few days.

- Are your account details up to date? Check this before creating a topic!
    + Yes, I have no problems connecting.
    - What software do you use in combination with your account?
    + nzbget 21.1
    - Do you have problems with downloading or uploading?
    + download
    - What is the error message you get?
    + Article not found
    - What operating system does the computer have?
    + Debian Linux Bullseye

Cheers.

Last edited by theknurz; 07-06-2022, 11:21.

Hi there,

This can be a couple of reasons, but mostly the problem is DMCA.
    When a DMCA report is done, files are missing.
    And that is overall with recent posts on usenet.

As you say its in the last few days.
    HAve you tried to find different sources?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob de Bouwer View Post
      Hi there,

Hi!

Yes, it only occurred in the last few days, never had any problems with missing articles.
      I sent the nzb file, which I used for my test, to a friend he's with a different provider and he told me that the articles are 100% available.

It's not only with recent posts, I tried some older articles (~300-500days), which I retrieved successfully some time ago (~4-5 weeks ago) from hitnews, but they are not available anymore.

Thanks for your investigation and time.

Cheers.

Comment

Hier das selbe.
        Überwiegend defekte Dateien und Artikel nicht gefunden. Zugang über SSL geht immer noch nicht.

Comment

Is mij ook opgevallen. Veel bestanden missen 1 block. Via een andere provider zijn de bestanden compleet. Heb al 'tig jaar een Hitnews account en nog nooit zo veel missing blocks gehad. Zowel nieuwe als oudere bestanden.

Comment

Originally posted by ;n186
            Is mij ook opgevallen. Veel bestanden missen 1 block. Via een andere provider zijn de bestanden compleet. Heb al 'tig jaar een Hitnews account en nog nooit zo veel missing blocks gehad. Zowel nieuwe als oudere bestanden.
            Hoi,

Dit is iets waar we ook mee bezig zijn!
            Maar lukt het wel om de post compleet binnen te halen en te repareren?

Groetjes
            Bob

Comment

• schip223
              schip223 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bij mij werkt de ssl nog niet

SSL problemen :

Probeer volgende aub.

server : news.hitnews.com
            Port : 563
            Connections : 50
            SSL : vinkje aan

Welke reader gebruik je?

Comment

Bei mir leider auch. Mehr als 20 Filme getestet, keinen einzigen vollständig laden können.
              Nicht mal eine Reparatur möglich, da zu viele Dateien fehlen.
              Filme, die ich vor 3 Wochen geladen habe, lassen sich jetzt nicht mehr laden.
              Teilweise die Meldung "auf dem Server nicht vorhanden"

Connections : 50
              SSL

Comment

• nartak75
                nartak75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wechsel den Clienten dann geht SSL wieder

• mausgambler
                mausgambler commented
                Editing a comment
                sorry, aber was soll ich wechseln ? Er verbindet ja mit den obigen Einstellungen, aber bei den Downloads fehlen haufenweise Files.
                Ich verwende SABnzbd. Meinst du mit Clienten wechseln, dass ich diesen wechseln soll ?

Ja bei mir auch, aktuelle Sachen haben sehr viele Fehler

Comment

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe auch das Problem. Musste wegen dem aktuellen SSL von Alt.Binz weg. Jetzt habe ich mehrere Reader (SABnzbd, Momentum und zuletzt Newsbin) probiert und habe sehr viele Fehler, was ich mit Alt.binz so gut wie nie hatte. Beispiel-Fehler aus Newsbin:
                "ERROR Downloader: Command Exception NEWS SERVER ERROR: Hitnews SendCommand - Failed: 430 no such article"

Benutze nur mit SSL und habe folgende Einstelungen versucht:

Connections : 30
                SSL

server : ssl.hitnews.com
                Connections : 30
                SSL

Bob de Bouwer : Hoffe die Infos können helfen.

Comment

Hallo, Danke für die Auskunft. Ich werde das direkt an die Technik weiterleiten, damit sie sehen können, was los ist. Grüße Bob

Comment

Ich bekomme seit der Umstellung sehr oft den Fehler: "Abgebrochen, kann nicht fertiggestellt werden - https://sabnzbd.org/not-complete", die Dateien sind noch nicht sehr alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob de Bouwer View Post
                      Hi there,

No other source yet. But I'm starting to feel the need as I've never seen as many failed donloads since your messy changes.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	failurelikeneverbefore.png
Views:	41
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	241
                      This looks very bad.

Comment

I dont think thats a problem with the DMCA actions. There are too many files not complete starting from the age of 30 days up to 600 days. In the past there were never such problems. With the old Hitnews ive never had any problems with the retention.

Comment

Originally posted by beckstremist View Post
                          I dont think thats a problem with the DMCA actions. There are too many files not complete starting from the age of 30 days up to 600 days. In the past there were never such problems. With the old Hitnews ive never had any problems with the retention.
                          Same here. I see more failures in june than in the past few years. As it seems hitnews employees can't fix this problem or don't care, I have just subscribed to another provider and I can tell that a download that failed (466 days old today) with "the new hitnews" just succeded with Eweka. It will take several days to redownload the ten dowloads that were declared as FAILURE with "the new hitnews". I did not imagine that I would have to do that after 10 years as a hitnews customer.

That failure is on you hitnews people.
                          First you pushed a TLS upgrade with no test whatsoever for us to discover that even the main Usenet clients don't work anymore.
                          Then your new hoster cannot replicate Usenet content without losing bits and pieces.
                          And best of all, you claim in your "New "SSL" explained" post that we should use "a modern news reader" and the second recommendation is NZBGet while I clearly warned here that it does not work and that cacert.pem must be upgraded. Then all your customers or should I say victims, who will try the stable version of NZBGet wont be able to connect using TLS.

It is now clear to me that saying that this is a mess is an understatment. May I get a refund for the remaining 4 months ? Please...

Comment

• Bob de Bouwer
                            Bob de Bouwer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            @deepanger

Please contact us at support@hitnews.com

• deepanger
                            deepanger commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Why should I contact you by e-mail ? It seems everything has been said, don't you think ?
                        Working...
                        X
                        visa visa visa visa visa visa